Sunday, July 13, 2008

Motorblog Tragedy At Motorhead Festival Date: MHB 2652, Oyvind Gilje from Norway emailed to say that at the Norway Rock Festival yesterday, July12th, a young couple died in a bus at the festival camp from carbon monoxide poisoning. "Disappointingly," says Oyvind, "Turbonegro cancelled their set in respect of the dead, but Motorherad did the opposite by Honouring the two fans with one hell of a show. But it was not a typical Motorhead show opening, the loudest band in the world started their set with a minute's silence. I have witnessed many a great Motorhead show, but this was by far the most special to me and, I suspect, to many others."