Saturday, March 31, 2007

Motorblog Hawkwind - Do Not Panic: Was the title of a BBCTV4 documentary televised last evening at 9pm. Only by chance did I happen to come across it at around 30 seconds past 9, I thumbed the Sky+ button immediately - the red light was on all the way through - but when I looked this morning it told me the recording had failed! Drat and double-drat!!
It featured a potted history of Hawkwind.
Interviews with Nik Turner, Terry Ollis, Huw Lloyd-Langton, Michael Moorcock, Douglas Smith, and of course, our very own Mr. Lemmy Kilmister, amongst others. Quite a good doc, and Lemmy must have bagged a good 5 or 6 minutes, and great as it was, I couldn't help wondering why the only ever permanent member of Hawkwind, in Dave Brock, was not interviewed?
Wonder if it'll be released on DVD?