Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Bloatermog One Of The Most Emotional: songs I have ever heard is by David Crosby and Phil Collins, and it is called 'Hero.' In 1992 or 1993, when the local factory I worked for was closing down, as an extra privilege we we were told we could have the radio on.
This had never been permitted before, but at the time we didn't have a great deal to do other than wait for our redundancy. By a vote we tuned in to Virgin Radio, and this is one of the first records I heard on there; and it brought me, figuratively speaking, to my knees. And for an unemotional herbert like me, that was something. Luckily, I bought the CD single, and realised other tracks by David Crosby are nowhere near as powerful and charged with emotion as this is. And if I was him, and if my whole career was judged by just one track, then I would be very proud if it was this one; see what you think?
So just click here, http://youtube.com/watch?v=e4lzp5pEqRI turn it up LOUD and enjoy.